Grand Canyon University, School of Theology
Grand Canyon University is seeking applicants for a full-time professor of Christian worldview within its College of Theology to begin in the fall of 2017. This position primarily entails teaching Christian worldview courses as part of the university general education curriculum along with some courses in the Christian Studies major. Additional responsibilities will depend on the candidate’s training, expertise, and experience and may include teaching within Grand Canyon Theological Seminary as well as course and programmatic development. While most courses will be taught in the traditional ground classroom, willingness and ability to teach some online courses is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have earned a Ph.D (preferred) or DMin (acceptable) from an accredited institution in an area of theology or ministry. Teaching experience and consistent involvement with a local church are highly valued. All faculty in GCU’s College of Theology are required to sign and teach in accordance with the University’s Doctrinal and Ethical Positions Statements and the College of Theology Covenant. If necessary, additional materials such as a sample sermon or lesson may be requested.
Functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct classes, teaching subjects which are relevant to the learning needs of the students and facilitates engaging individual and group instructional activities..
- Assist in developing and formulating the curriculum and new academic programs.
- Mentor students, engage in scholarly activities and participate in service activities..
- Assist students in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide students with substantive feedback and critical evaluation in a timely manner.
- Utilize available technology for instruction, such as PowerPoint presentations, Loud Cloud (LMS), and other internet resources.
- Remain current in field(s) of expertise through ongoing, continuous learning; completes required faculty development sessions.
- Participate actively in department, college and university committees.
- May participate in research activities and/or collecting, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Link for More Information:
City State Zip/Postal Code: